April 14, 2012

a quick dress

This is the dress I mentioned yesterday: a quick and easy dress in the same blue knit I used for my simple cardigan.
I made the pattern using two tried and tested ones: a self-drafted fitted dress and a Burda pattern for an off-shoulder top of about 6 years old (from before my self-drafting days. and from before I did anything sewing related on the internet. and unfortunately, I gave the magazine to my sister, so I can't even tell you the which issue it was). Then, I just took a couple of centimeters off the top and added the simple rectangle of fabric for the cowl/neckband.

This particular knit isn't very stretchy so the neckband is a little on the tight side but I think it will be OK. I considered taking it off and making a more fancily constructed, wider cowl/neckband, but I think I'll leave it as is.

Oh, eh and I found this lovely vintage bag at the market this morning. I couldn't resist ;)

8 comments:

  1. it looks great - I think the collar really makes it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fit is perfect. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple is nice and classic. I love simple. Simple or nots it adorable and fits you so well. I'm loving color lately and this dress is a fabulous color blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very classy looking. Love this simple style, timeless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the collar. The whole dress looks so good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very chic indeed! Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, such a beautiful blue. The cowl is a nice touch and I agree with others, very chic and timeless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such a great shape to wear the clothes you make. I admire your work. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete