And by the look of it, my guess about the size was spot on.
I knitted the body in sand coloured wool and the facings in ocher yellow. I had used the yellow yarn to set up the stitches and I really liked how the two looked together, so I used a contrast colour, as the pattern describes.
And in the end, I rather like the bow.
One annoying thing though: Judging from the photograph in the booklet, you'd expect the sweater to be shaped at the waist... In fact, it isn't. If you follow the pattern, you start at the waistband and then add stitches every few rows. It's only getting wider.
I consider sewing some elastic at the back to pull in the waist but I'm not sure yet. I think I'll see how the top works in normal wear first.