It feels it's summer again today, and I really hope it will be here to stay for a little while, because I still plan to go camping for a few days. However, that hasn't stopped me from developing my autumn sewing plans.
I thought about photographing/scanning the stash fabrics I plan on using and post them with my sketches. Thought about it, and then decided against it. Neither photographs nor scans of fabric ever turn out right for me. Every digital device always wants to represent an equal spread of the colour spectrum, so if you try to get an image of a plain colour fabric, the results can be quite... eh.. surprising. I may try to get an image of a bunch of them together, later on.
For now, I would just like to show off my new top. It's one of my experiments: the pattern is very 'flat', part geometrical shape, part from sloper. I made it 'evolve' from the pattern for this top, made earlier this year. It has a warp-over front with a banded neckline and a wide, fitted waistband. The main pattern piece is almost a triangle, cut on the fold with 'dents' in it for the armholes, back neckline and shoulder darts (which need pressing, as I see in the second picture). Originally, I had planned to attach full length sleeves. Howeverm when I tried it on, I realised that, with the armholes in this position, there is slightly more material at the front than at the back. With these banded armholes, it doesn't matter if they are a bit higher at the back then at the front but with sleeves, it could get uncomfortable. Despite that, I'm rather pleased with both the look and the shape. I may try to make yet another step in the development of this part-free form design: a cardigan with sleeves.