Somehow, in my house the situation has developed where my boyfriend wears shirts, coats and (for casual wear in hot weather) bermuda shorts which have all been made by me...
I guess when you sew A LOT it just comes with the territory...
Anyway, I drafted shirt and trouser slopers for him a few years ago and use those to create new items. Usually, new shirts don't even make it to the blog anymore (after all, I've made a dozen already...). Even with other items, I often don't bother asking him to pose for pictures. Unless, of course, it's something I really haven't done before, like the coats.
This past week, I made trousers for him. Normally, E lives in Levi's 501, but in summer, those can get too warm and shorts are not all that work-appropriate. So, I set out to make him a pair in a relatively thin and airy fabric. In fact, I bought more of the fabric I used for my jumpsuit for this purpose (and a pair of trousers for me and... eh other things. I bought 5 meters).
As a pattern, I just used the trouser sloper, the fit of which has been fine-tuned over several pairs of shorts (the latest of which I blogged about here last summer). I have some doubts about the slanted pockets I used this time. They seem to gape a bit more than I'd like (they're fine when the trousers are flat on the table, I didn't stretch those edges, in fact, I stabilized them with strips of fusible interfacing. It's really down to his built and posture combined the placement of those pockets). It may help if I just add tacks at top and bottom of the pocket opening. Anyway, it doesn't bother E. He put the trousers on this afternoon because I wanted to take these pictures and he hasn't taken them off yet.
I think the overall fit is rather nice.
It's the first time I added belt loops. It's one of those fiddly details I often skip on but E usually wears a belt so they went on by request. I actually think they look good and didn't cost that much time after all.
Oh, and I think the back looks quite good too ;)