This morning, when I should be getting dressed, I tried on that dress muslin I made yesterday. I didn't take pictures because the fabric I used was a bit transparent. In general, the design worked well. It just required some little tweaks, like adjusting the elbow dart. The skirt seemed really promising, especially for that check fabric.
When I got home this afternoon, I was keen to start cutting the fabric. Because it was only 90 cm wide, I had to go with a single layer lay-out.
And then this happened:
There's no way I can get the other half of the bodice on there.
I really didn't like that.
Of course, I could switch fabrics, but I was really looking forward to making that skirt in that fabric.
So, I spent this evening to re-doing the bodice design.
Now, I'm going to make something like this:
Button-down front, shirt collar, set-in sleeves. It should be a lot less fabric-consuming. I'm going to try it out tomorrow.
Wish me luck ;)