When making the jacket, I didn't take pictures of every step of construction. I showed you the dart-and-pocket thing but there are so many tutorials on bound buttonholes, pocket welts and padstitching that I didn't feel the need to add any of my own.
So, the details in this post are all on the outside. The pictures don't look great because I had to lighten them to show the detail. But, since I don't think these features would show up in an 'all over' photoshoot (not even in the best of light) I thought they deserved a post of their own.
My new jacket has:
pocket with welts and flaps. My best yet, I even managed to get the welts at the angle.
bound buttonholes. These were made way easier because my sewing machine will automatically stitch the 'window' for a bound buttonhole using the buttonhole foot and a certain setting. That's how I managed to create such narrow welts.
fabric covered buttons. Just from one of those 'cover your buttons'-kits.
back vents, neatly lined.
and, just to add an extra touch, piping between facing and lining.