September 15, 2011

Just a quick update

Hi everyone! I really ment to do a proper post, but it's one of those weeks... So, I thought I would just let you know what's coming up.

- E. jacket is finished since Monday. He says he'll definately wear it, but he hasn't yet. There is one issue about the fit which really annoys me, but it's too late to fix it now. Maybe I won't tell what it is and wait to see how many people spot it...
I haven't been able to blog about the finished jacket yet because I obviously need to photograph it on E. himself. Which means he has to be home and not utterly exhausted and there should still be daylight. That combination hasn't been around this week.

- I want to do a post about my autumn/winter sewing plans but because whatever I'll make will be self-drafted, that means I will have to make some half-way decent sketches first. I don't really need a lot of stuff, but there are many things I want to try. And I want more colour in my wardrobe.

- You may have noticed that I've written a few 'discussion'-posts recently. I think I like them. I especially like the insightful comments, so there may be more of those in the future.
By the way, several of you mentioned the impact on the environment of synthetic alternatives for fur. You are SO right. In fact, that's what I say to people who claim we shouldn't use real leather.
And obviously, Carolyn, I agree that the fact that the animals are also bred for food is a major (moral) difference between leather (and sheepskin) and fur.
And I don't think I'll buy a vintage fur myself. Not only can you get really nasty responses from total strangers, I don't think I'd feel comfortable wearing it and I can't stand the smell (judging from that, vintage furs need a LOT of chemical stuff to keep the bugs away. Way more that wool or silk).

- I'm toying with the idea of having a sew-along which includes light pattern making, so basically, a draft-along. I'm thinking about using the JJ sloper on Burdastyle as a starting point (so anyone can join and there's no fussy sloper drafting needed for people who don't have a personal sloper. Of course I will adress fitting that sloper) and making a 50's or early 60's style dress. If several people are interested, I'll put up possible draft-along designs and try to get the ball rolling on the Burdastyle website.

Well, that's it for now. I'll be back soon with pictures, I promise

4 comments:

  1. A draft-along sounds awesome, count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a draft-along! I need more dresses, and refitting my sloper would be a fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Draft along sounds great. Count me in.

    ReplyDelete