May 1, 2013

Last minute

Yesterday, I read Tanit-Isis's latest blog post, which reminded me of something I had considered earlier...

So, here we go:

I, Lauriana of Petite Main Sauvage, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '13. I endeavour to wear only me-made clothes, with the exception of socks and underwear, each day for the duration of May 2013.
In addition, I will make another bra and some panties to add to my me-made lingerie.

Do you wonder why?
Well, it's not because I don't wear me-made clothes, just about every day. It's more because, like many obsessed seamstresses, I've got this pretty big wardrobe. Some garments are just not-so-succesful experiments which should be purched, others are gorgeous but not very practical things, yet others are falling victim to shifts in my taste... The list goes on and on. So, it would be helpful to see what I actually wear (not that that will stop me from exploring the weird and the wonderful on occasion though...).

Another reason to join is the community thing. I read some blogs, I'm always happy to hear from any of you who read mine but it's also nice to be part of club, a network. 
Burdastyle used to work like that for me but I feel it has now grown to big to give that effect. I was a member of Wardrobe Refashion for a while but that doesn't exist anymore (and I often felt like I was cheating because I'm so much more of a seamstress than a "re-fashionista"). 
I know lots of sewing folks do their networking on Pattern Review but since I rarely use commercial patterns, there's just no point in me joining that. 
So, I also see this challenge as a way to get out of my little corner of cyberspace and meet some new people who share my love sewing.

I know that, after three years of "Me-Made challenge months", many people are getting tired of endless outfit posts (and I know I don't want my own outfit posts here on the blog every day) so I apart from the occasional round-up post, I will only post daily outfit pictures on Flickr. 
And the picture with this post? That is today's outfit, in a crappy phone picture in the big mirror at work before anyone else got in...

6 comments:

  1. I think that the sewing blogs form a community in itself. I don't really use patternreview or burda, but feel that the blogroll is enough :)

    I love the trousers btw, they look stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog. I find the grey print against the black background difficult to read, but worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you about BurdaStyle, it suddenly grew so fast, became so commercial, the original website team is no longer there and I sometimes I feel like the current one doesn't even realise we exist! Instead I have been focussing on my blog reading and commenting, it's a whole other community and really positive and encompassing, I love being apart of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the best for your me made may 2013 sojourn!

    I totally agree with wardrobe being filled with sewn clothes but hardly many are actually worn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hee! One thing I kinda love about the online sewing community is that it's so multi-platform. I mostly read blogs, but I enjoy the sewing community on twitter and various Flickr groups and Pinterest and, yes Burdastyle and Patternreview (although not as much as when I first started... not sure if that's a change in those sites or just in the amount of time I have and how I choose to spend it.) I always enjoy the me-made months, both for the community and the wardrobe analysis. :)

    ReplyDelete