Remember the post I did about considering jumpsuits? And the sketches of those as part of my summer sewing plans?
Well, last week, I decided to give it a go. I drafted a pattern for a cropped jumpsuit, sort of like a 50's playsuit. At first, I wanted to make the wrap-over version of my early summer sketches, but I kept thinking about something with a front closure. And I only had one meter of fabric.
I made some quick sketches and decided to go with this one:
It has no waist seam and I think I'll mostly wear it with a belt. I'm making it from simple cotton which closely matches the colour of my hair. It started out as an experiment for both jumpsuits and shorts, but I've tried it on as soon as I could during construction and I think I'm going to like it. If I do, more jumpsuits may follow...
I hope I can get this one finished tonight so I can show it to you tomorrow.
P.S. My boyfriend has returned home and those shorts I made fit him very well :)