I just finished this: another 50's inspired dress, but this time, I tried to go for the 'shelf-bust' effect. I think it sort of worked, although the print doesn't exactly make it stand out. Unfortunately, I must have nudged the camera after setting it up for the self-timer shots, because all my pictures were quite seriously out of focus. I'm showing you one of them anyway, just because it could have been very nice.
This is the technical drawing (just one error: there is a center back seam in the skirt, I put the zipper in there). The bodice is lined in plain cotton, with the outside cups actually set into the lining. I also put poly boning in. We'll see how comfortable those straps will be. They might slide down too easily. I had planned for a halter strap at first, but when I tried that on the bodice muslin, I decided against it. Not a good look for a girl with a small bust and comparatively square shoulders.
For the pictures, I put on a moderately full petticoat underneath and decided it was a good time to play around with accesoiries both vintage and costume. I already put the camera away in its bag, and all those goodies in their usual resting places, so I didn't feel like getting it all out once more, straight away. This weekend. I promise.